Anonymous Call Rejection
Anonymous call rejection allows you to reject incoming calls marked “private” or “anonymous.” These are calls on which line blocking has been activated to prevent name and number information from passing to you. The calling customer will receive a message stating that the party they are calling does not accept blocked calls and that to reach this person they must unblock their line and dial the number again.
To activate anonymous call rejection:
- Press *77
To deactivate anonymous call rejection:
- Press *87
Call Forward Variable
Call forwarding is a programming feature that allows you to forward all incoming calls to a different telephone number. Once activated, all incoming calls will be forwarded to the programmed number. Incoming calls may be transferred to any telephone number (local, long distance, toll free, etc.).
To activate call forwarding:
- Press *72.
- Immediately dial the forwarding number. (Area code does not need to be dialed if it is a local number.)
- There will be a stutter dial tone, and then a call will automatically be placed to the forwarding number.
- The call must be answered for call forwarding to be activated.
- Complete these steps twice if the call was not answered to activate.
To verify call forwarding is activated:
- Press *72.
- A busy signal or error announcement confirms call forwarding is activated.
To deactivate call forwarding:
- Press *73.
- Two quick tones followed by a dial tone will confirm call forwarding is deactivated.
Call transfer allows you to transfer an incoming call to any number that can be directly dialed, including long distance, and hang up without disconnecting the call.
To activate call transfer:
- Press down on the switch hook or use the flash key. This places the caller on hold and provides a special dial tone.
- Dial the number to which the caller will be transferred.
Steps after transferring:
- Hang up to complete the transfer.
- Stay on the line until the distant party answers. Introduce the call, then hang up.
- Press down on the switch hook or use the flash key before or after the third party answers to allow a three-way conversation.
Call waiting allows you to receive a second call while you are already on the line. A brief tone alerts you that another call is waiting to be answered.
To answer a call waiting call:
- Press down on the switch hook or use the flash key to place the first call on hold. Connection with the call waiting caller is automatic.
- Press down on the switch hook or use the flash key to alternate between calling parties.
To deactivate call waiting:
- Press *70. This can be done prior to placing a call or during an existing call.
To restore call waiting:
- The call is automatically restored when terminated.
Call waiting ID:
- This allows information about incoming call waiting calls to be visually displayed.
The name and/or number of the calling party is displayed before you answer the phone. This feature requires that you have or purchase a phone capable of displaying caller ID.
Continuous redial allows you to prompt Pella Fiber to redial a telephone number if it is busy when you try to call. A distinctive ring will alert you that the call can be completed. Pella Fiber will try the busy line every 60 seconds for 30 minutes. If the call cannot be completed within 30 minutes, the feature will time out.
To activate continuous redial:
- Press *66.
- A distinctive ring will alert you that the call can be completed.
- Once the phone is picked up, the central office will automatically ring the called party.
To deactivate continuous redial:
- Press *88
Last Call Return
Last call return (or callback) allows you to hear the telephone number of your last incoming call, whether the call was answered or not. Last call return also allows you to prompt Pella Fiber to redial the telephone number of your last incoming call by dialing 1. The automatic redial function of this feature works like continuous redial, redialing the number for up to 30 minutes and providing a distinctive ring when the call can be completed. The numbers from incoming calls that are anonymous or private are not given out with last call return. However, the service will allow you to dial 1 to have Pella Fiber dial the number back.
To activate last call return:
- Press *69 (1169 from a rotary phone).
- A distinctive ring will notify the user that the call can be completed. Once the phone is picked up, Pella Fiber will automatically ring the called party.
To deactivate last call return:
- Press *89
Priority call provides you with a distinctive ring or call waiting tone (if you subscribe to call waiting) when you’re receiving a call from preselected numbers. You can construct or modify your screening list. Other calls are received with a standard ring pattern.
To activate priority call:
- Press *61.
- Follow the voice prompt instructions for establishing the call screening list.
Setting up and editing your call screening list:
Voice prompts allow you to create/review your list of numbers, add or delete numbers, and obtain dialing instructions.
- 7- or 10-digit numbers are allowed.
- It is not necessary to program the 1+ for toll calls.
- Toll-free numbers (800, 888, 877) are not allowed.
- International numbers are not allowed.
To deactivate priority call:
- Press *81.
- Follow the voice prompt instructions.
- To remove all numbers from the list , press *08 and hang up.
Selective Call Rejection
Selective call rejection gives you the option to block certain numbers from calling your phone.
To activate selective call rejection:
- Press *60.
- Follow the voice prompts.
To add or remove entries to the call rejection list:
- Press the # key.
- To remove entries, press the * key.
- To hear the entries on your list, dial 1.
Speed Call List
Speed call allows you to dial frequently called numbers by dialing a two-digit code. The speed calling list has an eight-number capacity. Both local and long-distance numbers can be programmed in the list. (For long-distance numbers, a 1 must be included).
To establish a speed calling list:
- Assign a speed calling code number (1–8) to each phone number you want on your list.
- Press *74.
- Wait for a second dial tone.
- Push the speed calling code number (1–8) immediately followed by the telephone number you want associated with that code.
- A tone confirms the code number and associated phone number are recorded.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each number on your speed calling list.
To use your speed calling list:
- Dial the speed calling code number (1–8), then #.
- Example: 6#
Three-way calling allows you to have a combined conversation with up to two callers.
To activate three-way calling:
- Press down on the switch hook or use the flash key.
- This places the caller on hold and provides three brief tones, followed by a dial tone.
- Dial the number of the party you want to add to the conversation.
- When the party answers, you may talk privately before establishing the three-way connection.
- Press down on the switch hook or use the flash key to return the first person to the line and establish the three-way connection.
To disconnect a three-way call:
- Press down on the switch hook or use the flash key. This will drop the third party from the connection.
- All three connections disconnect when the three-way calling subscriber hangs up.